General Shop Labor
Golden Boat Lifts®
Golden Manufacturing, Inc. dba Golden Boat Lifts® has more than 35 years’ experience in building custom, quality boat lifts. Golden Boat Lifts® is committed to supplying Boat Lifts that are safe, good looking, easy to operate, and dependable. Golden Boat Lifts® uses modern methods, technology, and skilled technicians.
Golden Boat Lifts® has new opportunities for motivated and experienced individuals who want to learn and grow. We are currently looking for a General Laborer to add to our team.
General Requirements for ALL Employees:
- Follow all SAFETY rules and procedures.
- Read and follow the Employee’s Manual requirements.
- Willingness to work overtime when asked.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Golden Boat Lifts® is an ISO certified company, you may be asked to keep certain forms, documentation, and verify that you are following certain procedures.
- Golden Boat Lifts® uses Lean Manufacturing principles to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and increase productivity. Employees are to become engaged and involved in operational growth, encouraging a culture of continuous improvement.
General Requirements for ALL SHOP Employees:
- Become familiar with each department and be willing to cross train when needed.
- Read and understand the production schedule, product descriptions written on tags, green sheets, work orders and plans.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Spills are to be cleaned up immediately, Floors kept free of metal shaving accumulation, hand tools and equipment kept clean and in good working order.
- NEVER use a tool, ladder, machine, extension cord or any other item that is broken, cracked, guard removed, and do not attempt a quick fix of a compromised tool or equipment.
- Do not use any equipment that you have NOT been trained and certified on, including forklift. Do not attempt a set-up on equipment until you have been trained to do so.
- Never modify or substitute a material, weld wire, procedure, tag, hardware, or shop method without the proper authorization.
- Operate safety equipment, use safe work habits, and follow all safety rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
The General Laborer is responsible for performing various tasks to aid daily operations of building boat lifts. The list of duties and responsibilities for a laborer on any given day may include the following:
- Performs various physical duties as assigned.
- Cleaning and preparing site.
- Moves, secures, installs, builds, loads, or unloads materials.
- Deburring, punching, grinding parts, and counting inventory.
- Verify conformance of machined work to specifications using measuring instruments.
- Track tool wear and replace blades, grinding wheels, sanding belts.
- Ensure outputs are meeting production requirements.
- Performs some specialized tasks which may require on-the job training.
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the assignment.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee mayperform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of proper use of hand tools
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED and 1 year of applicable experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- The employee will stand for extended periods of time and will need to be able to lift approximately 50-75 lbs.
- Push-Pull up to 75 LBS to initiate movement of carts.
- Lift up to 50 LBS. Occasionally, 30 LBS. Frequently, 20 LBS Overhead