Golden Boat Lifts®
Golden Manufacturing, Inc. dba Golden Boat Lifts® has more than 35 years’ experience in building custom, quality boat lifts. Golden Boat Lifts® is committed to supplying Boat Lifts that are safe, good looking, easy to operate, and dependable. Golden Boat Lifts® uses modern methods, technology, and skilled technicians.
Golden Boat Lifts® has new opportunities for motivated and experienced individuals who want to learn and grow. We are currently looking for a Machine Operator to add to our team.
General Requirements for ALL Employees:
· Follow all SAFETY rules and procedures.
· Read and follow the Employee’s Manual requirements.
· Willingness to work overtime when asked.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Golden Boat Lifts® is an ISO certified company, you may be asked to keep certain forms, documentation, and verify that you are following certain procedures.
· Golden Boat Lifts® uses Lean Manufacturing principles to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and increase productivity. Employees are to become engaged and involved in operational growth, encouraging a culture of continuous improvement.
General Requirements for ALL SHOP Employees:
· Become familiar with each department and be willing to cross train when needed.
· Read and learn to understand the product descriptions written on tags, work orders, and plans.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area. Spills are to be cleaned up immediately, Floors kept free of metal shaving accumulation, hand tools and equipment kept clean and in good working order.
· NEVER use a tool, ladder, machine, extension cord or any other item that is broken, cracked, guard removed, and do not attempt a quick fix of a compromised tool or equipment.
· Do not use any equipment that you have NOT been trained and certified on, including forklift. Do not attempt a set-up on equipment until you have been trained to do so.
· Never modify or substitute a material, weld wire, procedure, tag, hardware, or shop method without the proper authorization.
· Operate safety equipment, use safe work habits, and follow all safety rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
Operation of equipment, stationary machines, hand tools, dies and punches for the efficient production of Parts in a factory environment (non-CNC equipment).
· Verify conformance of machined work to specifications, using measuring instruments, templates, drawings, and fixtures.
· Implement sequences of operations to meet dimensional and finish specifications, setups, or tooling requirements.
· Select and set cutting speeds, feed rates, depths of cuts, and cutting tools, according to machining instructions and knowledge of metal properties.
· Track tool wear and replace blades, grinding wheels, sanding belts, coolant, when necessary.
· Position and secure workpieces on tables, using bolts, jigs, clamps, shims, or other holding devices.
· Move machine controls to lower tools to workpieces and to engage automatic feeds.
· Turn valves and direct flow of coolants or cutting oil over cutting areas.
· Operate all drill presses, automatic saws, hand tools and other equipment utilized in the parts department.
· Preform layout and cutting of miters, angled plate and bar, layout stairs, angled cradles, and other complex shapes per print.
· Move finished parts to appropriate storage location and return samples and drawings when task is completed.
· Ensure outputs are meeting production requirements.
· This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of proper use of hand tools
· Understand common units of Measure and Use of a Tape Measure
· Read and understand the production schedule, product descriptions written on tags, green sheets, work orders and plans.
· Able to work with a minimum of supervision.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or GED and 1 year of applicable experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
· The employee will stand for extended periods of time and will need to be able to lift approximately 50-75 lbs.
· Push-Pull up to 53 LBS to initiate movement of cart.
· Lift up to 50 LBS. Occasionally, 30 LBS. Frequently, 20 LBS Overhead